Tuesday 20 January 2015

Occasion looks

Hi guys!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My families birthdays and Christmas happened!!! Today I want to talk about occasion looks - enjoy! 




Make-up can be used in many different ways and can be used to achieve many different looks. I am for the more natural looks. There are so many but in this post I want to share with you 1 look for each selected event.


1) Formal dinner party

2) Meeting a friend for a chat

3) Stay at home (only going out for shopping, a walk...)




The whole look includes make-up, outfit and hair! Keep reading to see the individual looks!

1) For a formal dinner party I would chose something that signifies elegance and bring out the darker shades and a bold lip. For the make-up I have chosen this look from Taylor Swift!
The eyes are the main focus and the lips are lightly tinted which looks great. It isn't OTT and won't draw too much attention :)

For the outfit I have chosen this elegant deep purple dress with the slit up the leg.

It shows your figure whilst still being formal and appropriate. I chose deep purple instead of black as it brings a slight pop of colour to the look and fits nicely with the winter season.

These heels are elegant and the perfect height to make you look taller really making your legs stand out in your stunning dress! 
For jewellery I would say look through what you have and chose whatever suits the look best! I would recommend wearing  a necklace, ring and bracelet.

Lastly for the hair. I would go for an up-do so your hair is not in the way, you won't be worrying how your hair looks as it will be secure. Also it will look very elegant. This hairstyle you can do with medium to long hair length.
Stay tuned for some hair posts!! 

2) For meeting a friend for a chat I would go mostly natural with maybe  nice shadow on the eyes and a lip stain. Casual clothes but still stylish!
For the makeup i have chosen this natural autumn look with a nice glowing cheek and bright lip.

The blush brings a lovely glow to the face and the subtle eye shadow and the thin eyeliner gives your eyes some depth. The lips finish the look with a bang!
This makeup takes no time at all so is great for a last minute meet up.

For the outfit I have chosen something I love. It depends on your taste but this look is casual but the heels give it the finish you want. I think the sweater is cute but some of you may want to opt for a more plain jumper. Finally, for the hair I have gone for the easy hair down put a hat on! No fuss or time needed. Looks cute and the hat in the picture is stylish and gives a slight summery feel to it. You can wear whatever hat you like, I just love the combination in the photo!



3) If you're just going to stay at home, you may go out for a stroll or do some shopping I would go simple. Not much makeup and comfy clothes.
I do this makeup look very often as it is super easy and quick.

The blush is quick and livens the face up. The eyeliner makes it look as if you actually spent time on your face! If your skin is OK without a full face of foundation, simply skip foundation and use a BB cream, tinted moisturiser, just concealer or nothing!
TIP = always comb your eyebrows as it will look like you spent time on your makeup

For the outfit I would chose whatever your favourite comfy outfit is. For me this is my thermal navy blue leggings, warm knitted jumper with a scarf and my fluffy heeled boots for a bit of glam! Don't forget a nice warm coat!

Last but not least - hair! I have gone for a donut bun to keep my hair out my face seeing as I may go on a walk. Also, I hate wearing hair down with a scarf. 


OK so I think that's it for today's post! Quite a long one so sorry but I hope this gave you some inspiration for any upcoming events etc... XD
Toni x ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment