Thursday 31 December 2015

Look: New Years Party


Hi guys!
Christmas is over, and with New Years here, I thought it was appropriate to do a New Years Party/meal out look!


My family and I are going to Birmingham for a fancy meal and to watch the fireworks! (I also recommend the London shows - they're fab!)

So, I guess this is sort of a 'Get ready with me' post, but not too detailed! :D



So first, after a shower I will proceed to do my hair routine hair routine - Press on *hair routine* to go to my hair routine post, which guides you from first stage of wet, dog like shower hair, to straight and silky, ready to be styled hair!


Side hair :)
Hair :) - crazy flyaways :(

Hair: 

I chose my 'go to' hair style, which is simple and easy - and keep hair out of your face, but is still 'down'.


This half-up half-down style is done by sectioning the top part of your hair off starting from your ears, in a triangular shape upwards to meet at the top of the head. Secure in a tie and add volume and pull out strands and we are done!

Hair :)
This is done on second day hair, so there are some curls, but I purposefully left them, because I like the added volume and texture it gives!

I didn't want to go for anything fancy or extreme, primarily because English weather and watching fireworks do not care for keeping nice hairstyles in place, but also because my family in general don't get too dolled up  :)

                                     ...Hair done!




(Horrible lighting -_- )

Makeup:


For makeup, I chose to concentrate only on the eyes. I used my Eyes Saint or Sinner palette, using the colours; frost (all over lid), Treasure (from middle to crease), Galaxy (crease) and Dusted (direct middle and underneath).

I dusted a bit of each colour, from light to dark, (tear duct to outer eye area) under my lower lashes, just to deepen the effect, and so the eye makeup doesn't just stop...it fades :)
More blue tones in real life

I lined my waterline with kohl and did a mini cat-eye lined liner :)

Eyelashes curled and mascara applied.

Eyebrows groomed but otherwise untouched!

Contour and highlight, no blush!

Lips are lightly lined, and filled in with a nude colour, and a tiny bit of gloss applied.
                           
                                       




                                      ....Makeup done!





Outfit:

I decided against a dress, so went to my next option, a skirt :)
I like this look because it can be dressed up, with a pair of cute heels and nice jewelry, but can be kept casual with a pair of converse and a preppy jacket! 

I decided to go in-between, with a pair of ankle boots, scarf and cute black coat from Topshop. 














Finish everything off with a spritz of your favourite perfume and there you are!!



Overall, I think the makeup, the hair and the outfit come together to create a fine look for a night of celebration of some sort! Of course I aimed mine at the atmosphere I, personally, knew I would be in! But, if you're going clubbing, or visiting family - you can easily tone this general look up or down!


Good luck with the New Year, have fun celebrating and hope the best for 2k16!! 
Enjoy!
T x 

No comments:

Post a Comment